2019 Honda Pilot Safety
Drivers from Elgin to Barrington have great things to say about the 2019 Honda Pilot safety features, and they’re not the only ones. Experts from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) have both given the new Pilot their highest honors:
- The IIHS has named the 2019 Honda Pilot as a Top Safety Pick+*
- The NHTSA has awarded the Pilot a 5-Star overall crash test rating**
These excellent 2019 Honda Pilot safety ratings are the result of advanced technologies, including the Honda Sensing® safety suite. We here at Brilliance Honda have broken down the Honda Pilot safety features in the space below.
Honda Pilot Safety Features: Honda Sensing®
The 2019 Honda Sensing® safety suite is standard in every 2019 Honda Pilot, even the baseline LX configuration! These advanced components use cameras, radar, and computer processing to make your Schaumburg area commutes safer, easier, and more enjoyable. This package includes:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): When you set your preferred speed and preferred follow distance, ACC will automatically keep your vehicle moving with the flow of traffic on your Crystal Lake area drives.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): A Forward Collision Warning and a Collision Mitigation Braking System™ work together to mitigate the potential for frontal collisions. The latter can bring you to a complete stop if it detects danger.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): The RDM uses rearview mirror-mounted sensors to track the road’s shoulder, and it will automatically provide steering and braking assistance to keep you from departing from the pavement.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): By tracking lines on the road, this Pilot safety feature keeps you situated safely in the center of your lane. If the LKAS detects that you’re in danger of crossing over, it gently steers you out of harm’s way.
Honda Pilot Safety Features: Active, Passive, and Driver-Assistive Technology
Of course, the Honda Sensing® technologies are not the only features that make the Pilot a safe choice for Elgin area drivers. We’ve highlighted a few of the Honda Pilot safety features you can expect to find in this SUV:
- Standard on All Models
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Automatic High-Beam Headlights
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Options and Upgrades
- Dynamic Guidelines for Rearview Camera
- Blind Spot Monitoring System (BSI) with Cross-Traffic Monitor
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (I-VTM4™) All-Wheel Drive
Experience Honda Pilot Safety for Yourself!
You can get a hands-on feel for the 2019 Honda Pilot safety features when you schedule a test drive at Brilliance Honda! When you’re ready to take the next steps in this tow-ready SUV, explore our current inventory of new Honda Pilot models, available in a wide array of colors. Reach out today to get behind the wheel of your favorite!
More Honda Pilot Features
When choosing a family SUV for your Elgin and Schaumburg drives, it’s essential to choose a model that won’t hold you back. Note well, the 2019 Honda Pilot towing capacity makes it the right tool for any job! Models equipped with front-wheel drive will be able to handle an impressive 3,500 pounds. With Intelligent Variable…
One of the more fun aspects of purchasing a new Honda vehicle is picking out a model in one of your favorite colors. Luckily, drivers won’t lack for options with the variety of colors available on the 2019 Honda Pilot. No matter if you like a bright blue, shining white, or you prefer a shimmery…
Drivers from Elgin to Barrington have great things to say about the 2019 Honda Pilot safety features, and they’re not the only ones. Experts from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) have both given the new Pilot their highest honors: The IIHS has named the 2019…
The 2019 Honda Pilot is a family-friendly SUV that offers a spacious and versatile interior loaded with the features that Crystal Lake area drivers are looking for. Whether you’re driving across town to pick up groceries at Jewel-Osco, or taking the kids on a road trip to Buffalo Rock State Park, you’ll find the interior of…
The family-friendly 2019 Honda Pilot sports a refreshed design and a number of new features that Crystal Lake drivers will appreciate. These new additions have not escaped the attention of the automotive press. CNET Roadshow says “The third-generation Honda Pilot has always been a home run in the three-row, midsize crossover class, and the updates it…
**Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.