Safe Driving Tips for Back-to-School Season
With the arrival of back-to-school season drivers in and around Elgin will notice not only more pedestrian traffic but also more cars, bikes, and buses on the road. Here at Brilliance Honda we’ve compiled a few driving tips that will help keep you safe.
- Drop off children in front of the school so that they don’t have to cross the street
- Don’t double park, it creates traffic congestion and visibility problems
- Consider carpooling to reduce traffic
Sharing the Road: Basic Safety Tips
- Avoid blocking crosswalks
- Always stop for the crossing guard
- Be alert for children in school zones and near parks, playgrounds, and residential areas
- Do not pass a vehicle that has stopped for pedestrians
- Never pass a school bus when it is stopped
- Stop when a school bus has its lights flashing or stop arm extended
- Children are unpredictable. Be especially alert around school buses.
- When passing a bicycle, leave at least 3 feet between your car and the cyclist.
- Always use your turn signals and yield right of way to a bicyclist.
- Check your side mirrors before you open your car door.
Drive Safely this School Season in Schaumburg
Being alert and cautious when driving in school zones is always important, but even more so during the back-to-school season. The vehicles in the new Honda lineup at Brilliance Honda are equipped with the Honda Sensing system, a suite of advanced driver assist and safety features that can help you avoid accidents. Stop by our showroom at 680 W. Terra Cotta Ave. Crystal Lake, IL 60014, or contact us online to learn more.