The 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid vs. The 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid
2017 Honda Accord Hybrid
2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid
If you’re shopping for an efficient family sedan in the Chicagoland area, then the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid and the 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid could both be on your radar. Unfortunately for the Fusion Hybrid, it can’t keep up with the Honda Accord in terms of power, fuel economy, efficiency, and safety. Take a look at the details and you’ll quickly see that the Honda Accord Hybrid is simply the better choice!
Fuel Economy and Performance
Whether you’re looking for fuel economy or performance, the Honda Accord comes out ahead of the Fusion:
- Ford Fusion Hybrid: With an electronic continuously variable transmission, the Fusion Hybrid is rated at up to 43 mpg city/41 mpg highway in EPA estimates*. With a gas engine and electric motor, the Fusion is able to generate a total system output of 188 hp.
- Honda Accord Hybrid: The Accord Hybrid also has an electronic continuously variable transmission, but it has earned a superior EPA rating of up to 49 mpg city/47 mpg highway*. With an electric motor and a 2.0L gas engine, the Accord Hybrid creates a total of 212 hp.
It’s easy to see the Honda Accord offers both more power and more efficiency in EPA estimates.
Both of these vehicles have achieved excellent safety scores, but the Ford Fusion doesn’t offer much in the way of advanced driver assistance features. The Honda Accord Hybrid does. The Accord Hybrid gets the Honda Sensing system standard, which includes:
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Departure Prevention
- Forward Collision Warning
- Automatic Collision Prevention Braking
- Road Departure Prevention
The Fusion Hybrid is missing all of those features in the base model.
The Honda Accord Hybrid provides more front and rear head room, as well as more rear leg room than the Fusion. The Honda Accord Hybrid also has a bigger trunk, with 13.7 cubic feet of space, which is a bit bigger than the 12 cubic feet that the Fusion Hybrid offers.
Visit Brilliance Honda
Find out all about the current 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid right now at Brilliance Honda, your local Chicago and Elgin area Honda dealer. Our showroom is located at 680 W. Terra Cotta Ave. in Crystal Lake, IL, and if you’re looking for an efficient hybrid sedan, then come visit us today. Contact us online now to find out more about the current Accord Hybrid.