The 2017 Honda Accord vs. The 2017 Hyundai Sonata
2017 Honda Accord
2017 Hyundai Sonata
Both the 2017 Honda Accord and the 2017 Hyundai Sonata are compelling family sedans for drivers in the Crystal Lake and Elgin area. While either one will provide excellent fuel economy and available safety features, you’ll find that there are some critical differences between the two. Find out how they compare below.
Efficiency and Performance
Take a look at the power and efficiency numbers, and you’ll find that the Accord comes out ahead of the Sonata:
- Hyundai Sonata: When equipped with a 2.5L four-cylinder engine and a six-speed automatic transmission, the Hyundai Sonata is rated at 25 mpg city/36 mpg highway based on EPA estimates*, and it reaches 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque. The Sonata is offered with a 2.0L turbocharged 245 hp four-cylinder as an upgrade option. The EPA rates this engine at 22 mpg city/31 mpg highway when equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission.
- Honda Accord Performance: The Honda Accord with a 2.4L four-cylinder makes 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque and earns up to 27 mpg city/36 mpg highway with continuously variable transmission in EPA estimates*. The 3.5L V6 delivers 278 hp and rates at up to 21 mpg city/33 mpg highway when outfitted with a six-speed automatic transmission with sport mode.
You can easily see that the Honda wins out whether you want power or efficiency.
Available Safety Features
While the Hyundai Sonata can be equipped with some advanced active safety features, they can only be found on the top trim levels. However, even the base trim of the 2017 Accord Sedan can be outfitted with the Honda Sensing package, a suite of active safety systems that’s among the best in its class. Honda Sensing offers the following:
- Collision Prevention Braking
- Collision Warning System
- Road Departure Prevention
- Road Departure Warning System
- Lane Keeping Assistance
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Adaptive Cruise Control
Visit Brilliance Honda Today
You can test-drive the latest Honda Accord here at Brilliance Honda, your local Elgin area Honda dealer. The 2017 Honda Accord is in stock now, and we think you’ll agree that it’s a better choice than the Hyundai Sonata. You can visit us here at 680 W. Terra Cotta Ave. in Crystal Lake to find the trim level that fits your needs. You can also contact Brilliance Honda online if you have questions about the current Honda Accord or any other Honda model.