What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The set of Honda warning lights built into your dash are there to convey essential information to keep you and your passengers safe. It’s of the utmost importance to know what these lights mean in order to ensure that your vehicle is always running safely and in top condition on the roads in and around Elgin. The experts at your Brilliance Honda service center have compiled this handy guide to help keep you informed.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
The warning lights in your Honda may vary depending on the model and trim you drive, but they can include the following:
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine requires scheduled services, or other serious issues.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers. If you see this light, the steering system should be checked as soon as possible.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light alerts you whenever there is a change in tire pressure.
- All-Wheel Drive: For Honda vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or the Hill Start Assist system.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and could lead to a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Antilock Braking: If the ABS light comes on it means that the brakes may not function properly and could overheat or fail.
- Lane Keeping Assist: This light indicates a problem with the autonomous steering function.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
Our Trusted Service Specialists are Here to Help
Whether it’s regular maintenance or an illuminated dash light, you can trust the factory-trained technicians at Brilliance Honda to get the job done right. Schedule a service appointment today with our service center in Crystal Lake. We can handle everything from a simple oil change, tire rotation, or brake service, to major transmission replacement. Make sure to check out our service specials to find great deals on a wide range of Honda maintenance services.
More from Brilliance Honda
Interested in getting a secured car loan? You’ll want to do your research to see if it’s the right option for you. At Brilliance Honda, our financial experts have the information you’re looking for about secured car loans and how they work. Learn more about this special type of loan, and then apply for financing through…
Searching for an AWD SUV and wondering, “Does the Honda HR-V have AWD?” On the 2019 Honda HR-V, front-wheel drive is standard and all-wheel drive is available. This means you can enjoy the efficiency of the new Honda HR-V, while still getting the extra traction on rough roads around Elgin. Find out more about the…
The Honda Civic lineup has always been known for stellar fuel economy figures and rock-solid dependability that goes the extra mile, but this best-seller isn’t resting on its laurels for the 2019 model year. This restyled model is a bolder and more athletic take on the modern sedan – and the Honda Civic performance raises…