What is Honda Sensing?
The Honda Sensing package of active safety features includes the following systems that work to keep you and your passengers safe:
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
On top of that, select models include Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow, Honda LaneWatch, a Blind Spot Information System, and other helpful features.
The Honda Sensing Safety Advantage
Active safety features are becoming more and more common in new vehicles, and the Honda Sensing system ensures that you have all the necessary features in one package. Discover how each of these systems will work to protect your family while navigating the crowded streets of Barrington:
- Lane Departure Warning and Prevention – If your vehicle begins to drift out of its lane, audio and visual alerts activate to warn you, and if not corrected, this feature can guide you back into your lane.
- Road Departure Prevention – Using sensors mounted throughout the vehicle, this feature can tell if you’re getting too close to the side of the road. Steering wheel vibrations alert you to the danger, and steering and braking are activated if necessary.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – This smart system can match the speed of the vehicle in front of you, making highway driving in the Chicagoland area less stressful.
- Forward Collision Prevention Warning and Braking – If the vehicle ahead of you stops suddenly, an alert sounds and flashes to warn you, and it can even apply the brakes to help prevent the collision.
In addition, many new models include Auto High-Beam Headlights, which automatically activate the high-beams if no other vehicles are present.
Where Can I Find a Car, Truck, or SUV with Honda Sensing?
At Brilliance Honda of Crystal Lake, located at 680 W. Terra Cotta Drive! Our sales team can help you decide if Honda Sensing is right for you, and it can be added to vehicles like the CR-V, the Odyssey, and the Civic. Compare Honda Sensing to Toyota’s Safety Sense, then explore our selection of new vehicles online. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.