Which Model of the 2016 Honda Civic Sedan is Right for You
If you’re sold on the all-new tenth generation Honda Civic, then you are faced with a tough choice: which model is the one for you? The 2016 Honda Civic is available in three body styles (at least later this year), two engine options, and five trim levels. All that adds up to a relatively intimidating array of options. So which one is best for you? We break down the choices below.
How to Choose a Civic
The 2016 Honda Civic can be had in either a four-door sedan or a two-door coupe or a five-door hatchback – though the coupe and hatchback aren’t readily available right now, they should go on sale later this year. That leaves you the sedan model if you need a new car ASAP.
All models should be sold in effectively identical trim levels with closely mirrored options. Trims, from bottom to top, include LX, EX, EX-T, EX-L, and Touring levels. The LX and EX trim levels come standard with the new 2.0L 158 hp four-cylinder, and either a six-speed manual or a continuously variable transmission. The latter transmission earns an EPA estimate of 31 mpg city/41 mpg highway*. The remaining trim levels get a 1.5L turbocharged 174 hp four-cylinder standard and the continuously variable transmission, and an EPA estimated 31 mpg city/42 mpg highway.
The other differences between the trim levels are outlined below:
- LX: The LX starts with automatic headlamps, LED running lamps, cruise control, automatic climate control, a 5-inch display screen, rearview camera, Bluetooth connectivity, USB connectivity, and full power accessories.
- EX: The EX gets a sunroof, keyless entry and ignition, a 7-inch touchscreen display, the HondaLink smartphone integration system including Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, plus an upgraded audio system, heated mirrors, and more.
- EX-T: This model adds the turbocharged engine, bigger alloy wheels, remote start, heated seats, satellite radio, and dual zone automatic climate control.
- EX-L: This trim adds on leather upholstery, a power adjustable 8-way driver seat, and a leather wrapped steering wheel.
- Touring: The top tier trim level gets a navigation system, voice controls, 10-speaker audio system, heated rear seats, automatic wipers, LED headlights, and the Honda Sensing package, with adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning and automatic braking, and a lane departure warning and prevention system.
Visit Brilliance Honda of Crystal Lake Today
Find the Honda Civic that’s right for you here at Brilliance Honda of Crystal Lake at 680 W. Terra Cotta Ave. in Crystal Lake, IL. We’re here Monday through Saturday, and you can reach us online or over the phone at 815-459-6400 with any questions!